Is Co-Op Housing For You?
- Housing co-op members enjoy long-term tenancies, affordable rent and are part of a supportive community
- Co-op housing requires ongoing commitment as a co-op member, along with the standard responsibilities of a renter
- Please note there is an income and asset eligibility to secure co-op housing.
These are the maximim weekly gross income per household to be eligible
The asset limit for all household is $36,340. For more information on eligibility click here
Co-ops Select Their Members
When co-ops have a vacancy, CEHL sends details of eligible applicants to the Co-op for consideration.
The Co-op will consider the applicant list provided and contact potential new members who:
- will play an active role in the running of the co-op
- are good renters and neighbours
- share co-op values
Co-ops select their preferred applicant and offer membership once CEHL confirms eligibility.
Are you interested in learning more?
Interested people will be invited to attend an online Co-op Housing Information Session.
At an Information Session you will:
- learn more about cooperative housing, to know if it suits you
If you would like to be invited to an information session, or if you have questions please:
Phone 1800 353 669 or
Your enquiry is important to us, please note that due to the volume of interest it can take a little while for us to get in contact with you.