Bushfire Response Information
CEHL is monitoring current bushfires and keeping in touch with co-ops most closely affected. This includes Mallacoota CERC where, despite losing one property and damage to others, we are happy to report that it appears all members are safe and well.
We remind all co-ops to remain alert for emergencies in their area and to encourage their members to follow any advice issued by emergency services for that region. We strongly recommend that members install the VicEmergency app to their phones wherever possible.
If you are affected by fire, please make contact with relevant emergency and crisis services for immediate assistance.
Emergency Response Services:
- Police / Fire / Ambulance - 000
- Victorian Bushfire Information Line - 1800 240 667.
- Callers with hearing or speech difficulties can use textphone / telewriter (TTY) on 1800 555 677.
- SES - 132 500
Crisis accommodation or financial assistance:
- Aust Govt Disaster Recovery payments. Call 180 22 66
- Emergency relief and recovery info http://emergency.vic.gov.au/relief-and-recovery
- Detailed information for people affected by the Gippsland Fires can be found at https://www.eastgippsland.vic.gov.au/Bushfire_information/Bushfire_support_and_information
Advice about managing smoky conditions:
Mental wellbeing contacts:
- Lifeline: 131 114
- BeyondBlue: 1300 224 636
- Your local GP
- Australian Psychological Society Referral Service: Call 1800 333 497
CEHL will assist co-ops impacted by fire to make recovery plans once the initial crisis is over and it is safe for members to return. For more information about this assistance, if needed, please call your Co-op Development Coordinator.
If you have not yet prepared your home for the fire season, a guide to action you can take is available below.
Last year CEHL also started planning our approach to climate change risk. Information about this project has been included below.