To facilitate access to education opportunities, CEHL provides scholarships for further education for members of the CEHL Co-operative Housing Program.
The Scholarship grew out of an Education Award, which was launched in 2010, using rebates from trade alliances and contributions from CEHL’s insurers and private lenders.
2020 Scholarship Categories
CEHL provides a total of nine scholarship worth $2,000 each.
Two scholarships are awarded in each of the following categories:
- Certificate Level Study including apprenticeships and trainee-ships and other vocational training
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma Study
- Undergraduate Study
- Postgraduate Study
And the Helen Tyndall Scholarship is awarded in memory of Helen Tyndall, a well known, and highly respected former CEHL Administration Team Coordinator, for applicants studying:
- Business Administration
- Information Technology or
- Commerce at any level
Who can apply
Scholarships will be provided to nine eligible applicants who demonstrate the positive impact of the Scholarship.
Applications are welcome from all current or potential students living in CEHL housing co-operatives, particularly those who are single parents, indigenous, mature-age, living with a disability or in a remote geographical location, or from non-English speaking backgrounds.
Applicants must demonstrate that:
- they meet the eligibility criteria
- the Scholarship will have a significantly positive impact for them
How to apply
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form or submit your application by completing the Survey
- You must provide evidence that you are actively pursuing enrolment or re-enrolment in a course
- In the Impact Statement, describe the positive impact the Scholarship will have on your life
Applications close Friday 31 January 2020
All applications will be checked against the Eligibility Criteria (below)
Scholarships will by awarded by the Scholarship Panel based on the positive impact the Scholarship will have on the recipient.
For more information contact CEHL
To be eligible to apply for the CEHL Scholarship, please provide proof that you are:
- Currently living in a CEHL Shareholder housing co-operative either as a co-operative member or as an immediate family member of a co-operative member
- Actively pursuing enrolment onto a further education course
- Aged 16 or older
One scholarship will be provided to each co-operative household each year.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to attend a Scholarship Award Ceremony at the CEHL Annual General Meeting
- assist CEHL with promoting, reviewing and evaluating the Scholarship scheme
Your application will be assessed by a Scholarship Panel, made up of:
- a CEHL Manager
- a CEHL employee with relevant expertise
- a co-operative member
- the panel also include relevant external experts or funders by express invitation
The Panel will observe strict confidentiality.